Butter cookies are about as traditional a teatime feature as one can experience. Baking enthusiast Chef Fatima Razi Uddin wears many hats. She juggles food photography and full-time art studies with churning out delicious baked delights straight from her kitchen oven! Check out Fatima’s diverse culinary talents on her Instagram page. Feast your eyes on goodies of different textures and hues, to delight all kinds of tastes and palates. From this budding baker’s divinely flavoured chocolate caramel slice to the beautifully ornamental Vanilla Cake with buttercream frosting- it’s more than just eye candy! Try Fatima’s homegrown recipe for these charming butter cookies with a delightfully smooth texture. Butter cookies are a brilliant option when it comes to enhancing a tea extravaganza with something simple yet tasteful . These tender, crumbly morsels gently tease the taste buds for a memorable, sweet surprise.
- 100g butter(room temperature)
- 50g powder sugar
- 25g egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 140g flour
- Preheat oven at 170 C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Spoon softened butter into a bowl and mix with a hand whisk. Stir in sugar and vanilla and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Add in egg and mix. Lastly put in flour and mix with a spatula until all the flour is dissolved.
- Fill dough into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe cookies onto a baking tray.
- Lastly, sprinkle with vanilla sugar/caster sugar. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 15-17 mins or until the edges are golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool completely.