Pasta la vista, baby! This tempting main course is enriched with egg yolks and halal bacon that adds variety to the dinner table. Celebrated for its exquisite creamy texture, this Italian knock out adds an irresistible touch to any spread. From Chef Dev’s treasure trove of recipes, here is the recipe to lift your spirits. It combines the appealing taste of Parmesan with the luscious texture of bucatini, producing a dish that is a surefire hit with pasta lovers. International Chef Devan Rajkumar is based in Toronto. His cooking specialities encompass a vast range, from the delightfully desi to the exotically experimental such as traditional butter chicken and vegan coconut cauliflower curry. Do check out Chef Dev’s infinite range of culinary experiences on his Instagram page. Dev’s delectable Carbonara is a meal that is truly fit for a king.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 2 oz. cooked halal bacon, cut into 1” strips
- 1 tbsp halal bacon fat
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 3 oz. Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp fresh cracked coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lb. bucatini
- 1 cup pasta water
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil, once it acquires steam, add 1 tbsp of salt and pasta. Cook it till it’s 75 percent done.
- Combine egg yolks, ¾ of Parmesan, olive oil and the majority of black pepper together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a heavy medium sized pot or Dutch oven add halal bacon fat and ½ cup pasta water. Add pasta to the pot on high heat.
- Stir vigorously for two minutes to coat all the pasta and remove from heat.
- Stir in 1-2 tbsp of pasta water into egg mixture. Next, slowly drizzle it into the pasta while stirring. Fold in halal bacon strips and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle a bit more cracked black pepper and Parmesan for garnish.