Servings: 6 (2 each)
Cooking and Prep Time: 20 mins
Calories: 260 kCal
A delightful combination of sweet, creamy and crunchy, fried goat cheese balls are sure to be a party favourite! With our constantly-on-the-go, busy lifestyles, it’s always best to have a box of honey flavoured cereal at home for all sorts of recipes.
Cereal is an effective binder for kebabs, meatballs, burgers and more. It’s also great as a crunchy topping on your more savoury dishes and can double as breadcrumbs as well.
That’s why we’ve chosen to coat these delicious goat cheese balls with cereal instead of Panko. Just trust us, you won’t regret it.
Sweet, creamy and crunchy, these cheese balls are absolutely addicting! You’ll be crunching them down seconds after they’re out of the fryer. Just make sure you continue making more for the rest of your family because they’re a guaranteed hit.
- 8 ounces goat cheese log
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups cereal lightly crushed (for crumbs)
- Cut goat cheese log into 12 slices and then roll each slice into balls.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse cereal until resembling coarse crumbs.
- In one shallow bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. On a plate, place cornstarch. On another plate, place cereal crumbs.
- Dredge cheese ball in cornstarch, dip in egg and then dredge in cereal crumbs to fully coat, pressing down to adhere well.
- Arrange coated cheese balls in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for about 3 to 5 minutes or until firm.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat about 2 inches deep of oil. Add cheese balls in batches and cook, turning as needed, for about 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to serving plates and drizzle with honey. Serve hot.