Foodistan family, meet eighteen year old prodigy Neha Sayeed. The self-confessed foodie with a flair for cooking and baking is breaking new ground in the local culinary scene. Neha offers a carefully selected variety of gastronomic delights. Be it her tangy Strawberry Balsamic Salad or Peanut Butter Cookies with a healthy twist, this is one food blogger you shouldn’t miss. Here Neha shares her hearty pasta recipe. This is a velvety mix which combines prawn and spinach with a delicate touch of lemon and Italian herbs. So stir a pot of pasta to warm up the evenings with your loved ones. Follow Neha on her Instagram page.
- 8 ounces Linguine Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons + 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 pound large shrimp, tails removed salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions in salted boiling water. Use a large pot for the purpose. Drain and set aside. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water.
2. Heat olive oil in the same pan along with 2 tablespoons of butter. Season with garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant.
3. Gently stir in the shrimp. Sprinkle salt and pepper according to taste and cook until the shrimp starts to turn pink. Mix in the Italian seasoning and spinach. Cook until the leaves have wilted.
4. Carefully spoon the remaining butter into the pot. Add pasta to the mix along with Parmesan cheese. Cover with sufficient pasta water to combine everything together. Stir until the butter is melted and everything is mixed well.
5. Squeeze in the juice of a fresh lemon before serving and garnish with some freshly grated Parmesan sprinkled on top.