Calories: 772 kCal
Cooking and Prep Time: 18 minutes
Whether you’re looking for the perfect lockdown-date recipe, or you just want to have a perfectly gooey chocolate cake, you’ve come to the right place.
It’s often impossible to pass up on any kind of lava cake. That gooey center, the melty ice cream that soaks into the tender cake? You just have to have them, they’re irresistible. And, our recipe is healthy, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, dairy-free, and grain-free! We’re true winners here.
There’s no better way to show someone you love them than a delicious chocolatey dessert. End any dinner, lunch, or meeting with these cakes and you’re definitely there to impress. In fact, they’re so good that you may even have to fend off your friend from your own, so it’s definitely better to make extras.
You can also make this recipe beforehand, but you may have to cook them a little longer since they’ll be cold coming from the fridge. Better yet, make them ahead of time, then bring the ramekins out from the fridge onto the counter while you make and eat the rest of your dinner. By that time, they’ll be ready to bake at the perfect room temperature.
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon starch
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- coconut milk ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Grease two 6-ounce ramekins with coconut oil. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Place coconut oil and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 60 seconds then stir well. Continue microwaving in 30-second bursts, stirring very well in between, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the egg yolks, coconut sugar and salt well.
- Fold the chocolate mixture it into the egg-sugar mixture, then stir in the starch and almond flour. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared ramekins and bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides of the paleo molten lava cake are firm but centers are still very soft. Remove form oven and let cakes cool in the ramekins for 1 minute. Run a very thin steak or paring knife around the edge of each cake. Cover each with an upside-down dessert plate then carefully turn each one over. Let stand for 10 seconds then unmold. Serve immediately with plenty of vanilla ice cream.