Servings: 6 Servings
Calories: 366 kCal
Cooking and Prep Time: 20 minutes
If you’re looking to spice up your weeknight dinners, this deliciously spicy Thai noodle dish is just for you. Most of the time we cook, we cook for our massive families, but sometimes, we also cook jut for ourselves; this is one of those recipes that you can do both with. These extremely simple noodles pack a heavy punch for everyone to enjoy.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can use regular pasta or noodles; those too of your own choice! And, it uses ingredients from your pantry, cool right?! Just make sure that you know what spice level you can handle. We’ve added a range of red pepper you can add so that it suits your flavour profile and can be customised. It is also important to garnish this recipe to elevate its flavours and they’re extremely versatile in terms of how they can be served.
Despite being a vegetarian dish, you can easily add any type of protein from chicken to beef to fish. Don’t be scared!
- 1 lb linguine pasta (or fettuccine spaghetti, etc)
- 1/2 – 1 1/2 Tbsp red pepper flakes (amount depends on how spicy you want it)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp honey
- Scallions carrots, peanuts, cilantro, Sriracha, and sesame seeds to garnish
- Chop garnishes and set aside.
- Boil pasta, drain.
- While pasta is boiling, heat oils in a large skillet with red pepper flakes.
- Once oil is hot, strain pepper flakes, reserving the oil in a bowl. Add reserved oil back into the skillet and add the chili paste. Whisk in soy sauce and honey.
- Toss pasta in the skillet with the sauce.
- Can be served hot, room temperature or cold. Top with garnishes and enjoy!